Now that I have your attention, I must confess I do not (haha). But what I do have is my first blogger award (yay). Thank you Brittany Tenpenny for choosing my blog. The Liebster Award (or sweetheart in German) is given to bloggers by bloggers and seeks to welcome newbies to the world of WordPress. What a lovely idea.
Here are the rules I need to follow:
1. Thank and link back to nominator.
2. Answer the nominator’s 11 questions.
3. Nominate 11 other bloggers with 200 or fewer followers and link.
4. Draft 11 new questions for new nominees.
5. Notify nominees via blogs or social media.
Here are my answers to Brittany’s questions:
1) What was the first book you ever read?
Isn’t it funny what we remember. I have a distinct vision of reading Dick and Dora in the library at primary school. This would have been early/mid 80s.
2) What fictional world do you want to live in?
Call me a geek if you must, but I honestly would love to live in the World of Warcraft universe. I’d be a druid elf and hang about in the forest.
3) What is your idea of happiness?
Lying in the bath with a good book and a glass of wine, listening to my toddlers laughing with their daddy.
4) What is the worse book you have ever read?
I don’t finish reading bad books!
5) What is your favorite book to movie adaption?
Baz Luhrman’s Romeo and Juliet. God, I loved that film.
6) What is your favorite season?
In England, it was Spring for all the usual reasons – beautiful blossoms, cute lil lambs and Easter eggs. In Australia, I’m actually loving Winter. Maybe because it’s still 36 degrees here in Perth at 9pm. Phewf!
7) If you could have dinner with anyone dead or alive, who would it be and why?
My partner, Daniel. There’s no one else I’d rather spend time with right now.
8) What is one thing you wish you could change about the world?
I’d stop deforestation. We need to stop destroying our precious and ancient trees.
9) What is your favorite song at this moment?
I hardly get chance to listen to music to be honest, but for some reason I’m addicted to a song I play to my girls about a Stegosaurus on You Tube. It’s incredibly cheesy, but addictive as hell. I think I enjoy it more than my toddlers.
10) What author would you like to meet?
JK Rowling, as she actually went to the same High School as me in Bristol, UK (apparently). I would also love to meet Rhonda Byrne, the founder of The Secret!
11) What’s your favorite movie?
Here are my nominations. I can only put forward 6. Still new to this.
- More Novel by the Week
- Twisting Words
- Toby Causon
- Writing in Shadows
- Expressive Ponderings
- Random Musings and Wanderlust
Here are my 11 new questions:
- Why did you start a blog?
- What is your first memory?
- Would you rather read or write?
- Who is your inspiration?
- What is your favourite quote?
- What is your passion?
- Where in the world would you love to live?
- To what year would you time travel?
- What magic power would you like to possess?
- How would you change the world?
- Who are you?
Now I will attempt to notify the lucky bloggers.
Thanks for reading x